1. I feel like a failed mom more often than not. I am way to hard on myself. However I will pat myself on the back for the fact my daughter snacks on fruit, veggies, yogurt and a variety of other healthy foods! Yay us! We were strict from day one about healthy food and stuck to it with the best outcome for her! Tyler will follow in her footsteps.
2. I pray that when my kids are older and they thank someone for being their life's inspiration, that the 'someone' they thank is me. Nothing would make my life more complete.
3. Counting down the days to baseball season - pitchers & catchers have reported. Spring training is here, even though New Jersey is buried in 2 feet of snow & ice and hasn't gotten above 15 degrees in what seems like weeks.
4. I am really working on having as much happiness and positivity in my life (even though some days it is difficult to focus).
5. I have made a mental commitment to photograph more this year and expand my horizons with my camera. I don't pick up my camera much in the winter time - I prefer to photograph outdoors and nature. None of which we are able to do right now due to this horrible winter.
6. Have I mentioned I really hate winter? Sorry, but 2 feet of snow & ice is not beautiful or breathtaking. It doesn't sparkle in the sunlight - it's cold & frozen. It is ugly, cold, slippery and annoying. (Can you tell how I really feel?) I can't even begin to imagine when my boat sitting under the nice white protective shrink wrap in my driveway will thaw out for spring. I used to like winter when I skied. I haven't skied in quite a few years, so I haven't liked winter in quite a few years.
7. I would love to volunteer for the Congenital Heart Coalition here in NJ. I wish I had the time to commit to something like that - I would like to put my time & effort to helping other congenital heart defect families. Maybe once the kids are older and I have 3 minutes to myself. (HAHAHAHA!!!! Will that ever happen?!)
8. I love taking a bath with my babies & they love taking a bath with me or my husband. It's a fun time for them and us!
9. I love my children more than life, but I will be the first to admit I look forward to 8pm every night (their bed time).
10. Brian and I are really focusing on eating healthier and even though we ate a lot of organic before, we are adding even more organic & pure foods to our diet. We are really taking the time to read ingredients on everything and cutting out most things with chemicals of any kind.
Here are some pictures I took outside of our house. It's a very common scene here in the Northeast-