I had to include this post before Christmas. I thought it was a fun idea.
My friend Stacia, over at FORTY SOMETHING, did this post yesterday and I love it. I am 'borrowing' this Christmas Meme from her.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly paper. Unless it is a weird shaped gift.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. We used to get a real one - always had a real tree growing up too. Someone gave us our fake tree, so we tried it out... and now I hate to admit, I doubt we will be going back to a real tree ever! I love being able to put up the tree on thanksgiving and not worry about it shedding, drying up, catching on fire, watering it, and cleaning up needles for 5 months after we take it down.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right around Thanksgiving. I love putting it up as early as we can!
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years. By then, I am ready for my house to be back to normal.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. Yuck.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I am going to say my bike ... and my cabbage patch doll I was wanting sooo bad!
7. Hardest person to buy for? my friend's older kids. I have to ask them what they want b/c I have no clue.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter. I love buying her EVERYTHING. It's a sickness.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? At least 4 of them in the attic. Our house is too small to put it up anywhere...
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Hands down. I am a big email and text person but when it comes to Christmas, I love old fashioned cards you put in the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A hair client from years ago gave me a clearly re-gifted little house that lights up from the dollar store. It looked as if someone gave it to her who had already re-gifted it, then it got run over, then her dog chewed on it, then it sat in her attic for years... then she re-gifted it to me - I guess it's the thought that counts. BUT she HAD to know that I knew she didn't buy it for me.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Elf. But my all time fav has to be "Rudolph" if that counts as a movie.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right around thanksgiving... I do try to get mostly done by the 2nd week in December. I can't deal with the stress of last minute shopping. Blegh.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies. Cookies. Cookies. Turkey. Cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? Multi-colored. They came with the tree pre-lit. I would have preferred white though.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I Love Michael Buble's songs this year. But my favorite songs are "Little Saint Nick" by the Beach Boys.... then Sleighride & Winter Wonderland (by whoever)... oh and I LOVE the Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas songs. I listen to that while I work. Very calming. I start with the Christmas music around thanksgiving! (Yeah, I am one of 'them'!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. I now understand why people with kids want to stay home on Christmas day. I get it totally.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of course. (I have to sing the Rudolph song to do it)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. I would like a star. I nice silver one that lights up.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The fact that every day now has a name - like "Super Saturday" or "Green Sunday" or "Small business Saturday" - Almost as if those are new holidays in and of itself. The media ruins Christmas if you pay too much attention to the ridiculous commercialism. And those crazy people that stand on line for 4 days, so they can fight 50 other people for a tv that they save $10 on. Yep that's the holiday spirit.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Brian and I have all of our ornaments from when we were kids. Our parents gave them to us (and we will pass them down to Julianna for sure!) We call those the 'antique' ornaments. This year, we did not do any glass balls. We went with only the antiques and the tree looks very personalized & special.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I would say my favorite traditional dinner is Turkey.... but I also like spiral ham.... My mother in law has done Prime Rib a couple times, and that was delish too. Who am I kidding? I like it all!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I asked Santa for some camera 'stuff' and a lens.... but we'll see. I will be happy with anything Santa leaves under the tree for me :)
I am blessed with the most beautiful daughter anyone could ask for - and the most fantastic husband in the world. I am thankful that everyone is healthy and we are not in need. There are so many local families even in our town alone that won't be able to give their children gifts at Christmas time, or won't be able to enjoy a big turkey on Christmas day like we have the luxury of having. I am thankful for everything we have.