I am thankful for the following things:
- My beautiful baby girl - she has changed our life in every way imaginable.
- My incredible husband. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
- I work from home full time. No commuting in bad weather!
- My husband and I haven't been a victim to the bad economy, we are both blessed to have good, stable jobs and not in danger of losing them.
- My family is healthy, especially my mother who is still cancer free.
- We have a caring, trustworthy and reliable daycare provider that we are so lucky to have found.
- My friends
So instead, I did my part and donated some baby food to the Morris County Food pantry ... and we usually donate some gifts to some local families at Christmas time. It's a good feeling even if I can't save the world.
For those of you that can ... check out your county's website or your local newspaper to see how you can help out. There are toy drives everywhere I look, it's a great opportunity to give a needy child a toy at Christmas. Even a few dollars can help a very needy family around the holidays. I hate to think of a child going hungry or not getting any toys at Christmas time. It makes me sad. It also makes me very thankful for everything in my life and I know I am blessed.
Every little bit helps! Happy Thanksgiving from me and Sweet T.ReplyDelete
Very sweet of you to donate food for babies. You know how important and expensive it can be. It will be great when your daughter is older to teach her how important helping others is!ReplyDelete
Hope you had a great thanksgiving. That was very nice of you to donate food. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks everyone. It did make me feel good. I am making a list of stuff to donate to the food pantry again in a few days... I also want to do Operation Holiday... It's a local Charity run through the Daily Record that I try to help with every year. They choose local people in need and ask for specific things for those people. You can even gift wrap your present so it seems like Christmas to them when they get the gift! I think I'll blog about Operation HOliday this week so maybe some others can get involved in it... It's a great program.ReplyDelete