Here are some 8 month milestones that are note-worthy:
- Not crawling - not even close (We suspect she may go right to walking!)
- Likes to stand up - Jul will stand up if we balance her, she likes it a heckuva lot more than being on her belly! (Waaaaaahhhh!)
- Solid foods - Jul is becoming the Veggie-Eatin-Queen! She loves any and all vegetables lately, especially corn, Mixed Veggies & Squash. She's not really too hot on fruits still. Who would have thought?!
- Sippy Cup - Lovin' her sippy!
- Sits without support of hands and can recover from tipping over
- Uses Palmer grasp (whole hand) to reach for and grasp for toys (or anything else she can get her grubby little hands on as we are walking by something she wants!)
- Feeds herself finger food (gerber puffs & minced egg yolk!)
- Rolls all over and holds self up with arms
- Not waving bye-bye yet. Soon I hope.
- We are teaching her Mommy, Daddy, Hungry, Thirsty, More and All Done in sign language. No feedback yet as it can take weeks for them to pick it up.
Not sure where all of you live but here in the North East, we have been hit with the Big Freeze! It was -5 this morning when we woke up. Yes, 5 below zero. No, we do not live in Green Bay, Minnesota or Canada. We live in New Jersey. This is NOT the norm for us. Oh and we woke up with no heat too. This crap sucks. The oil lines froze up and we lost our heat. I have had a fire going in the wood stove all day today which has helped to make the house bearable and lucky for me, the stove is in my office (I work from home).My husband is diligently working to thaw the lines out as we speak. God bless him for creeping around on all fours in the crawlspace to insulate the lines. Glad its not me. I love that man.
This past weekend, Brian, Baby Belle and I drove around our beautiful
Lake Hopatcong and took some nice Winter shots. Enjoy ...
Bear statue in the woods by the entrance to Raccoon Island
One of the few spots on the lake that doesn't have ice.
It's the ferry entrance over to Raccoon Island.
I thought this sign was funny ... No swimming please.
See the ice-fishermen in the far background...
A man walking on the lake with his Newfoundland. That dog is about the only one loving this weather.
I bet that slide is fun in the summertime!
Brian saw this little guy wandering up from the Lake as we were parked. He jumped out of the car and got a few shots of him - Real pretty fox!
Hey, don't run away!
Ducks love to swim no matter what the weather. Brrrr.